Vanilla Honey Crème Brûlée
|Heavy Cream||15 oz|
|Vanilla Extract||¼ tsp|
|Howell’s Standard Vanilla Honey||4 oz|
|Egg Yolks||5 ea|
|Granulated Sugar||5 ounces as needed|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place five small Crème Brûlée ramekins on a very flat sheet tray.
- Place Heavy Cream, Vanilla, and Howell’s Standard Vanilla Honey in a pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to ensure the honey is fully melted, and remove from heat. Allow mixture to rest off of the heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks together until combined. Then, while whisking continuously, slowly stream all of the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins, skimming off any excess bubbles.
- Place sheet tray with ramekins into the oven. Carefully, use a large pitcher to pour hot water into the sheet tray, filling until water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake Crème Brûlée for 60-75 minutes or until each has a very slight jiggle in the center. Carefully remove each ramekin from the sheet tray and turn off the oven, allowing the hot water to cool before removing it (safety first!).
- Allow Crème Brûlée to cool and room temperature for at least 30 minutes, then allow to set fully in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Prior to serving, completely top each of the Crème Brûlées with a layer of Granulated Sugar. Using a blow torch, carefully brown the top of each until crisp and caramelized. Alternatively, place the Sugar-coated Crème Brûlées in the oven broiler, set to medium for a minute or two, or until browned as desired.