Howell’s Standard Vanilla Honey
5 ounces as needed
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place five small Crème Brûlée ramekins on a very flat sheet tray.
2. Place Heavy Cream, Vanilla, and Howell’s Standard Vanilla Honey in a pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to ensure the honey is fully melted, and remove from heat. Allow mixture to rest off of the heat for 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks together until combined. Then, while whisking continuously, slowly stream all of the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks.
4. Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins, skimming off any excess bubbles.
5. Place sheet tray with ramekins into the oven. Carefully, use a large pitcher to pour hot water into the sheet tray, filling until water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Bake Crème Brûlée for 60-75 minutes or until each has a very slight jiggle in the center. Carefully remove each ramekin from the sheet tray and turn off the oven, allowing the hot water to cool before removing it (safety first!).
7. Allow Crème Brûlée to cool and room temperature for at least 30 minutes, then allow to set fully in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
8. Prior to serving, completely top each of the Crème Brûlées with a layer of Granulated Sugar. Using a blow torch, carefully brown the top of each until crisp and caramelized. Alternatively, place the Sugar-coated Crème Brûlées in the oven broiler, set to medium for a minute or two, or until browned as desired.