Your Favorite Snickerdoodles
¼ tsp salt
1 ¾ cup
1 ¼ cup
Howell’s Standard Vanilla Honey
½ tsp, plus extra for sprinkling
1. Whisk together Whole Egg and Yolks in a metal bowl until smooth.
2. In a medium pot, combine remaining ingredients and bring just to a bowl, stirring occasionally to ensure the Honey is completely melted. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. While whisking vigorously, slowly stream the warm Honey Cream mixture into the Egg mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pot.
4. Return the pot to the stove and cook over low heat while whisking continuously to prevent the Eggs from scrambling. Once the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon (about 5 minutes), remove it from the heat and strain it into a clean bowl. Cool.
5. Once cooled, churn the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. To make the Ice Cream Sandwiches, spoon two scoops of the Honey Ice Cream onto the flat side of one snickerdoodle. Top with another cookie and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining cookies.
7. Freeze until ready to serve.